Friday, April 09, 2004

Black Log Day 1

sigh...

I've spent the last few months complaining about blogs. What kind of self-indulgent crap is this anyway? People just post random thoughts and anecdotes online??? It's offensive to me...

Or is it?

My hatred for this medium has become a fevered obsession. The sleepless nights, the heated arguments, the countless bricks hurled at Vrej's house.... The line has to be drawn here! This far and no further! So my solution... Make a blog of my own! Does that make any sense? When you think about it, I mean really think hard... No it doesn't...

But, don't listen to anyone who says, "Oh, Chris is just making a blog now cuz everyone has one! He's jealous and wants attention!" Look, I was the one who invented the Blog back in 1970's. That's right. I invented the blog before the internet was created AND before I was born! The Blog was truly a thing of beauty back then. It stood for BLack LOG and provided people with an opportunity to communicate with their friendly neighborhood black people. Ie "YO! Janet Jackson. Sorry everyone was horrified by the site of your breast!" or "Yo, Michael Jackson, you are henceforth forbidden to use Black LOG!" So, I took a break from the world of Black Logs because they became overused, and contrived.

But now, I will make my triumphant return to blogs. The time is right. The internet is saturated with everyone and their mammas trying to post incoherent narratives of their mundane experiences online. So I will add another drop to an overflowing bucket of inane rants and narcissism. And you'll like it, damn it!

Besides, it's a turning point in my life. Soon, MastaCSG will study towards his Masta's degree. I'll be Msc. MastaCSG. Hopefully. I was going to sell the rights of my life story to Warner Brothers, but decided my life story is best expressed as a blog, rather than a feature length motion picture. Oh, the wondrous things I'll do in labs and the colorful characters I'll meet! And all these wonders will be shunted to the internet, that YOU the reader may benefit from my vast, vast VAST array of diverse experiences...

...vast... And biased!!!

And that, ladies and gentleman, is my lackluster first step into the world of Black Logs... I hope you enjoyed it. Cuz this blog ain't free! You have just been billed!!

No comments: