Thursday, June 17, 2004

Too $hort

It was just another day, I wasting time online when Lars (one of the founding fathers of the original Itoop some 4-5 years ago) suggests that I download a song by Too $hort, a rapper of course. I tried doing the search by title "Pimp a Ho", but found only one remotely queued version of the song. Stupid Kazaa. So I do a search by artist, and I use the term artist lightly. Here's a partial list of the songs I get.

-My D*ck, My Sack
-Pimpin'
-Burn Rubber
-Pimpology
-Biatch
-Cocktales
-Ain't no bitches
-Two Bitches (??? I thought their ain't none... I mean... ain't weren't any...)
-Pimp Life
-Punk Bitch
-All my bitches are gone (I wonder why? He seems so charming)
and of course, the much anticipated
-Pimp a Ho

Keep in mind this is just a partial list. There were other songs like Blow Job Betty, F**k my car and much, much more!!! You don't believe, go onto Kazaa and try! Too $hort! Please note the dollar sign S.

Lars got some information about him that I found interesting:

Too Short was the first West Coast rap star, recording three albums on his own before he made his major-label debut with 1988's gold album Born to Mack; his next four all went platinum. Anticipating much of the later gangsta phenomenon, he restricted his lyrical themes to tales of sexual prowess and physical violence, with the occasional social-message track to mix things up. After the release of Gettin' It (Album Number Ten) in 1996, Too Short decided to retire, his status assured as one of the most successful solo rappers of the 1980s and early '90s, although that decision would prove short-lived.

Retired because he was one of the most succesful rappers of the 80's and 90's? Wow... I used to think I knew a thing or two about rap music, but why have I never heard of this guy before? Someone must have been trying to protect my innocent ears back in the day. I was listenning to happy rap back then, ie, Mc Hammer, The Fresh Prince and occasionally, Bart Simpson. One would think his, "occasional social-message track" would have found its way to mainstream.

Oh well, farewell, you punk ass bitches...PIMP? F**K?? Ho??? Bitch, Punk, Ho!!! Punk ass Pimp!!! Biatch!!! Sack!!!

Yay!!! I'm the man now, Dawg!! :-)

By the way, the lyrics to Pimp a Ho are as inspiring as you would expect.


No comments: