Sunday, June 20, 2004

Flavour Country

Simply put, the Indian restaurant I went to on Saturday was some of the best food I've eaten in a long time. The sights, the sounds, the smells... It was an orgiastic feast for the senses!!! It's called, Shapla(an Indian term meaning, orgiastic feast for the senses, I assume) located on 166 Prince Arthur on the second floor. It's Rez's dad's place. The only problem is I can't remember the names of the dishes... I remember I had something called, Dansach..... I remember that cuz it sounds like Dan's Sack. It wasn't really made from a man's sack, but rather a harmonious blend of chicken, curry and as Jbo would put it, pure heaven.

There was a nice view from the restaurant too. There were some good looking girls who went by, but the moment was eventually ruined by a dirty looking, portly gentleman who started fishing around in the nearby fountain for change. Here's a dramatization.

Jbo: "Hey Chris, what do you think of her?"
Me: "You mean that fatman, reaching into the fountain with his friggin' underwear showing? That's not really my bag, Justin."

As he reached in, his butt was pointed right at us on the second floor of Shapla. After a few minutes he blundered around, looking for something. Rez assumed he was looking for a stick to get change out of the water. I didn't really think a stick would do the job. To my credit, the bum seemed to agree. The guy patrolled a small area around the fountain, and just when we thought he was about to give up, you know what that tenacious, noble bum does? He manifests a Naya bottle seemingly out of nothingness and plunges it into the water!

I wish I had his patience. I usually spend 5 minutes tops figuring out how to get change out of phones, fountains, vending machines and Kenny's wallet. Then I move on to more lucrative ventures... ie, getting a job, embezzlement or other skullduggery.

As people walked by, it looked like he was trying to explain his strange behaviour. Either that or he was asking people for help. "There's probably like... 3$ in their guy! If you could just hold onto my legs while I reach in, I'll cut you in for 6%!!! Come on people!!! 20 minutes and we'll be rich!" Twenty minutes later, the bum walked away, wet and dejected.

Dinner and a show!? Where does it end?????

Here.

No comments: