Wednesday, October 27, 2004

un-Gifted

You know what's cool? This new X-men Legends game. I got home really late on saturday, after having aquired the video game from a friend, that evening, I after went to a lounge called dulce. Anyway, the point is, I only got home at about 5am, and thought about playing the game all night. Finally I woke up at about 10 am, and just played and played and played.... My sister joined me for a few bouts.

Then my mom said, "Chris, seeing as you've been playing that for four hours... Could you help me set the table?"

I thought to myself, "4 hours? That's ridiculous. I ain't settin' s**t!!! Get one of my knavish sisters to set the damn..." A quick gland at the clock revealed that I had probably already passed the five hour mark. Oh my... Ridiculous indeed. The next day at work I got the most severe migraine I ever had in my life. I thought I would die. I wonder if it's from playing 5 hours of video games? Furthermore, I think playing hours of video games actually makes me stupid.

I do love that game though. And I love the X-men in general. I think all guys have a favourite X-man, no? For me it's a toss up between Nightcrawler and Gambit. Don't front like you don't have a favourite X-man! I was talking to someone who thought she could hide her HEART for the X-men. When asked who her favourite was she replied, "That guy with the ice powers... And Ian McKellen."

You're not fooling anyone by pretending not to know their names! Once you know their powers, you know their names! Ice powers = Iceman. Magnet Powers = Magneto. But what's really cool about X-men, is they don't say that the guys have super powers. They call them "gifts". I think that makes the whole franchise seem real. More real than real life actually! X-men means more to me than school, religion and family. I hope one day I can join the X-men for real! When I was young I really wanted to be a Ghostbuster but I guess I've matured since then.

One time, Wolverine fell in love with this woman who tried to kill him, then he had to kill her father! That really hapenned! And another time, professor X's brother tried to kill him and he had to wear this helmet so professor X couldn't control his mind. I wish I had gifts... Like, super-power gifts, to make things float and shoot electricity out of my eyes and stuff. And I wish I could teleport like Nightcrawler. Those would be awesome gifts.

Ahem.... On another note, I think I just ate the last of the candy that was to be for the tricker treaters. What will I tell them when they come to the door in their little X-men costumes?

Kids: "Can we have some candy?"
Me: "I done, already ate that s**t! And had some of yo mama's candy too... In bed!! Better luck next year, sucker!!"

No comments: