Thursday, October 14, 2004

Roti

People often ask me, "Chris Gregg, what's your favourite food?" Depending on what mood I'm in, I might answer different things, but Goddamn, do I love a good roti.

What's roti? It's a marvellous thing actually. Curried chicken (or shrimp or beef), with chick peas and potatoes all wrapped in a heavenly crepe-like thing. Roti has a 50% curry content, and that's per volume!!! Add a little hot-sauce to that and badda-bing badda ban, you have MastaCSG's favourite food.

So on the way home last night, I saw a restaurant that sells roti. I decided to check out the price. 6$ is a little steep for a roti. Or is it? They gave me a rather heavy bag which I brought with me on the bus with the intents of eating it at home. When I arrived at the bus terminus, I openned up the bag.... This roti was huge! It was like, the size of my head. I couldn't resist unwrapping it. I took a huge bite out of the thing and was already full. It was like eating Lembas bread!

I got home and forced my self to finish it. I took my last bite and emit a vicotorious groan, rubbing my aching stomach. Severe drowsiness overcame me... I staggered to bed at 8pm intending to take a nap.... I woke up the next morning at 7am... Now that is a good roti.

Where my dawgs at? We go get roti soon, yes???

No comments: