Monday, May 10, 2004

I'm bored. School Defines me.

So Friday was a bust. No girls from last Friday. In fact, no one showed up where they were supposed to at all. It was a very small evening between some of the ladies from Bio, myself and Jbo. Fun anyway I guess. Baton Rouge, went to see Kill Bill2. I don't know why people like that movie.

So, the first week after the last exam is over. and I realize that summer has phases. I've just finished phase 1) which is making up for lost time. Whereby in the last 2 semesters I've seen about 5 movies, last week I saw 4! I've eaten out everyday and went to many bars as opposed to my usual 0. (technically... though I didn't stay). All in all, I've spent some hundreds of dollars just putzing around in this manner. And you know what... I'm good for the summer.

Phase 2 used to involve getting a job. But I already have TWO JOB! Phase 3 involves unrealistic projects. Droopy and I usually claim we're going to write a novel and or screenplay or something else that would require putting aside maybe a few hours a week. That never happens. I usually write an outline. Droopy talks about what he doesn't like about it. Then we do nothing! "WOW... THIS IS THE BEST STAR TREK STORY EVER!!!" we declare simultaneously our nerdiness so overpowering it often puts Jbo in a coma.

This year he even has a job so, there will be none of that. Aside from the board games we used to make when we were younger, and the comics we used to draw, our last succesful project was itoop. Itoop is now little more than a link to droopy's blog, and a weekly star trek review. Nyarrr...

Phase 4 might involve a trip. But succesfullly organizing a trip usually involves people with a certain level of maturity. Mel and Pat are usually needed for this... AND THEY'RE GONE for 3 months.

So, if history is any indicator, most of what I would have to accomplish to have a "succesful" summer is unfeasible. The most I can look forward to is making some money and seeing the spongebob squarepants movie when it comes out... I'd better mark it on my calendar. Otherwise, this summer is effectively over. On that note, I think I will go back to bed and take a nice long nap! Peace!

No comments: