Sunday, May 08, 2005

The wallet fasts while the stomach feasts

So it was our friend, Viv's birthday and Cris made some reservations for a restaurant called Gibby's. I was all like, "Sure! Sounds like a larf!"

Larf my A$$!!! It was only later that I discovered that Gibby's is some high fallootin joint that charges about 35$ for a single plate of food! I didn't know Viv rolled like this! I paid 40$ for my meal! That's about 8 rotis! Or 30 hot dogs from Bell Province! Or 26 double cheeseburgers at McD's. DOUBLE CHEESEBURGERS!!! That's the equivalent of 52 burgers!

Oh well, at least I got to be loud, rude and belligerent in a classy place. Jon and Alex needed to smoke large amounts of weed to appreciate the meal that would cost them their children's education.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Bahira and Alex, his eyes glowing with a healthy and somewhat demonic red glow. "There is no Alex only Zool!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's Gina, and Viv, the one responsible for my very costly supper! Hey viv! You owe me 40$!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Cris and Janet
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Cris and Chris
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Chris, Jon and Simon
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

To make up for the ghastly cost of my meal, everyone who has viewed this site has been billed 40$ (just to make sure). And for future reference, I'm only going to pay more than 30$ for food if someone I know wins one of the following: An Oscar, a Pulitzer, the Nobel Prize or a Grammy. Birthday parties, Golden Globes or Barmitzvah's are no longer a reason to spend this kind of money on food.

No comments: