Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Tire'd

Like all good stories, this one ends up at McDonalds... Mmm.. I'm getting ahead of myself.

It all started while I was TAing the biology lab. Faraz busts in and offers me a lift home. I say to him, "You know, if you're done, don't wait I'll be another hour here anyway." He insisted. He comes back after an hour and offers the lift again being the good guy that he is and wanting to spare me the cold. So he even waits for me to get all my stuff from my office and the lab and the kitchen.

The conversation in the car is what you would expect from two uber geeks.

Faraz: "I read some spoilers for Star Wars Episode 3... Mace Windu is totally owned by Darth...."
Me: "Faraz why do you always have to spoil the freaking movie for me!!!"
Faraz: "Remember tha star wars card game where...."

BOOM!!!!

The car hit something and we had to pull over. The tire was completely busted, totally flat. Soon after another car pulled over and the guy promptly changed his tire and drove off. Our attempts to change the tire on Faraz's car failed... Of course. Our only option was to walk back to a nearby motel and call his dad to bring another tire and different tools.

Walking up the long, cold highway we came across that which was responsible for the flat tire. The pothole was easily a foot deep and twice that wide. But what made the pothole so epic were the FIVE hubcaps strewn alongside the road. Apparently we weren't the only suckers to hit the pothole. So we made the phone call and then walked down the street until we saw the Golden Arches of McDonalds... And then we ate McDonalds and laughed about our plight!

When Faraz's dad picked us up and we went back to the car, there were another 3 cars there, all with angry men changing their tires. The pothole got them all too! Thank god one of them was Italian. He got a good rant going while Faraz and his dad changed the tire.

Italian guy: "Hey! Pretty big F**king pothole, huh? F**kin' United states probably thought someone was hiding in there or something... Hey I broke my f**kin Jack can I borrow yours! The city is going to pay for this s**t! Wait... What's that truck? Is that the ville? Is that the Ville????"

A big truck had pulled up across the street, apparently from the city. "Look at that, 10 f**kin guys in the truck doing f**k all!!!!!"

Oh well... My fingers still feel numb as I type this. But at least I was able to f**kin' blog about it f**k! I hope the f**kin' city is reading this s**t....

No comments: