Monday, January 17, 2005

The more things change...

For a full acount of this weekends Hi and Low Jinx, you should go to Droopy's site. Still, I would like to hi-light a few things that he downplayed.

After video game fest of Halo and Tetris, we went to eat then movies. First off, before even going into the theater for Ocean's 12, we BUSTED into Elektra to see the Fantastic 4 trailer. Then we went to see Ocean's 12 where I fell asleep for the entire second act! Walking out, we stopped at the exit and started discussing whether or not we should sneak into Elektra. Like two ladies Rez and Vrej were hesitating. We looked so obvious. Then finally I stepped up and lead my brethren to Elektra.

For which I am not to be praised. Elektra is really one of the worst movies I've seen in my whole life. At first you could see Droopy was about to have a nasty joygasm at watching a movie for free. "WOW LOOK NINJAS!!!!!!!" The ninjas were hilarious to see. Good, old school ninjas with little black suits Asian eyes that widen in horror as Elektra kills them violently. Still, ninjas aside, terrible, right down to the very end where the little girl says, "You saved my life Elektra."

In a rage I bellowed, "Go ahead! Say it Jennifer GARBAGE! Say, 'and you saved mine!' Say it you stupid #$@%@!!!!!!! SAY IT!!!"

Elektra: ".... ahem... And you saved mine."

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!!!!!!! Brazen rioting ensued with chairs being torn, grenades being tossed and excessive urination on public property as an enraged audience tried to unleash a fraction of their rage.

Following Elektra, mandatory McDonalds where a heated dispute about Transformers resulted in the eventual discovery of this site. I thought it was ironic that this site is about all the cartoons we used to watch when we were 7-10 years old. It was another reminder that the more things change the more things stay the same. Playing video games with Vrej and his brother is nothing new. Way back in the day we could spend whole afternoons playing games. Then go eat like pigs, then go see lousy movies. And we still do. Except this weekend, Vrej's bro played Halo with his new born daughter in his arms! I never thought I'd see the day!!! I almost felt bad humiliating father and uncle Hezarans at Tetris in front of a girl who will look up to them one day.

No comments: