Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Adulthood

Last weekend I attempted to answer that age old question; Who would win a fight between Dr. Octopus and Captain Benjamin Sisko?



Let's look at the facts. As we can see in this picture, Dr. Octopus seems bigger than captain Sisko. Even if the figures were to scale, I imagine Sisko would still not look as impressive. However, Sisko is the Bajoran emissary. He must have some eerie powers to defeat the villainous PHD!

Other facts... This weekend at the restaurant, I childishly began smearing hot sauce on people at the table. Saturday, after buying the Dr. Octopus "serial produced posable sculpture" (action figure), I went to Jbo's house to play video games for some 4-5 hours. This is after seeing the G-rated, Incredibles animated motion picture in the theatres.

Sunday, I stood by while my mommy and daddy made countless measurements to figure out the best way to run an ethernet cable from my router to my Xbox. Then... drilling ensued.. hammering... Why? Cuz I need to play a video game, the forementionned, Halo 2. Oh yes, I felt like quite the spoiled brat. And not very mature at all when I had to explain the further expenses involved in Halo 2, ie, getting high speed internet, the Xbox live account which gives access to their network.

Dad: "You still have to spend more money on this thing???"

Later that evening, while talking about the Incredibles and showing off my Doc Ock action figure, my dad mentionned something.

Dad: "Hey, I finally saw that character on TV that you're always talking about... Mr... Soap... Something??? That movie looks REAL stupid Chris."
Me (enthusiastically): "Spongebob Squarepants!?!"
Dad: "yeah... you'd better bring your sister to that!"

Spongebob, Incredibles, Action Figures, Video games, Star Trek... It all comes back to my original question. Who would win a fight between Dr. Octopus and Captain Sisko?
Answer: No woman who reads this post will ever date me....

PS: ICEMAN

No comments: