Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Obama Post

In recent months I've been asked about Barack Obama, of course. Am I excited about him being the next president? What do I think about him?

I have the same opinion as everyone else. He's pretty good. Pretty, pretty... pretty good. When he actually won the vote, I was probably most emotional, mostly because he mentionned his grandmother and my grandmother had died about 1 year before that. I would have loved to have seen her reaction to this historical event.

I'm also very surprised to see that the U.S. would elect a Black man to be president of the United States. In my mind the pervasive racism in the states would have overwhelmed common sense. I'm glad to see I was wrong. That being said, he has a mess on his hands as far as the economy is concerned.

And that's about it... I couldn't say anything that everyone hasn't said a million times before. I'm glad to see we've finally caught up with our fiction. Now Obama can join the ranks of President Palmer, Morgan Freeman's character in Deep Impace and the Black guy who was president in The 5th Element.... I think the president was black in that movie...

4 comments:

jonsol said...

Don't forget there were 2 President Palmers.

I wondered why you never blogged on president Obama! although that youtube video of busta could out as your log.

Vrej said...

The second Palmer is best forgotten.

jonsol said...

LOL!
Wayne Palmer! He's my man! Though I'm waiting for this season 24 to arrive on DVD, so no spoilers please.

Baz said...

Yes, the 5th element President of federated colonies was indeed a proud black man. - In fact the very same proud black man who got slugged across the face with a brick by Ice-T in friday. - Baz