Friday, April 01, 2005

Everyone's just full of jokes...

So this morning I walked into the lab and my colleague Tania informs me that she's pregnant. I didn't really react at first. I just looked up at her, then tried to find the right words to say. "Really? Wow... Incredible... Ummm... Congratulations?" At that she burst out laughing and told me it was some lame ass april fool's joke.

I'm getting senile in my old age. Yesterday the phone in the lab starts ringing. Lazy ass Jon, Viv and Tania don't answer it and actually complain, "The phone has been ringing all day." I walk all the way across the lab to answer. "Hello?" Someone sounding suspiciously like Homer simpson trying to be Mr. Burns answers.

Some Guy: "Hello??!?!?"
Me:"This is Dr. Titorenko's lab? Can I help you?"
Some Guy: "Dr. Titorenko's lab?!?"
Me: "Ummm... yes?"
Some Guy: "Really? Could you please check your fridge I think it's running away!!"
Me: "What the...?"

I look over my shoulder to see Jon Solomon laughing with a cell phone in his hand. The whole lab just erupted into laughter. Nice. That's the joke's jon. You get blog props.

As a final april fool's joke, after writing this, stupid blogger crashed and didn't save my post. So I had to rewrite it.

No comments: