Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Do these have trans fats?

I was in a pretty lousy mood yesterday. I was just looking for something to complain about. So I came across a box of Oreo cookies. They have a long rant on the back about how good and wholesome they are. So I grinned wickedly to myself and looked at the ingredients on the side, hoping to find some ingredient that sounded chemical and not so wholesome. Surely I would find something like, Ethidium Bromide or 'may contain traces of animal semen'... Producers would do anything to extend the shelf-life of their unhealthy products. Even if it meant introducing a toxin into the population that would mutate future generations into bizarre, emu creatures...

But all I found was something called soya lecithin. I don't think that's so bad. It certainly isn't worthy of a blog bashing. "Oh diss!!! Oreo's have Soya Lecithin!!!" Who cares? After eating 4 delicious Oreo cookies I decided that Orea cookies are in fact perfect. Creamy icing sandwhiched in between two perfectly round biscuits made from rich, dark cocao. All of this, infused with the awesome power of soya lecithin.

So might I suggest you unlock the magic... Go have some Oreo cookies immediately.

No comments: