Sunday, September 19, 2004

Nerds

I can only imagine how confusing it must have been for the guy at the Depanneur last night, when seven 23-24 year olds, of various ethnicity, bust in and start rifling through the candy. Loud comments and rude jokes abounded while we selected our sugary treats, all the while I'm expecting the guy behind the counter to pull out a shotgun or something.

Anyway, any fear felt on his behalf was of course, unfounded. I just felt like having candy. I never feel like candy but I suddenly got the urge. I suspect it's because I stopped having sugary cereal for breakfast. Maybe my body is craving sucrose.

So, sucrose body wants, sucrose body gets. I bought those fuzzy peach candy's, watermelon candies, little chewy coke bottle thingies... It was great... Today I asked my mom, "You know what I love about Willy Wonka's nerds?" My mom immediately replied, "Willy Wonka was thoughtful enough to name a candy after you?"

Both of us simultaneously, "OOOOOOOOOHHH!!!" (diss!!!)

Then I continued, "No, actually, what I love about nerds is they have two sides to the box. You can pick two flavours!"

I do heart my Nerds. I really think I have some growing up to do. I think all of my friends have some growing up to do. I really had to do some soul searching when Kenny told me he couldn't sleep cuz he was on such a sugar high from all the candy he ate. When you're 23 years old and ruining your sleep and probably your appetite with Candy, somethings wrong.

No comments: