Tuesday, May 25, 2004

American Race War

I hate American Idol! The "judging" is absolutely ridiculous. There's such a thing as consructive criticism. Something like, "Maybe you should have sang a different song" or "You missed a few notes here and there." Instead you get.

Randy: I'm black. I heart saying black things like, "dawg" and "whack" and "I wasn't feelin' you, dawg, that performance was whack."

Paula: I heart everything! Everyone is superior to everyone else!

Simon: You suck! You're fat, you're ugly and you smell bad!

And it doesn't seem to matter what they think anyway. I mean, eventually it's up to people to vote on who their favourite singer is anyway. So, it comes down to a white person and a black person, people vote which leads to the inevitable race war the next day.

White Guy: "I heart the white guy in the competition. Black is Whack!"
Black Guy: "The Black person is a musical genius! Don't you never let me hear sayin' that s**t again!"

Actually, I didn't really like any of the singers. I'm not a big fan of the show. Though something about Ryan Seacrest is funny. The way he just says his name at the end of the show. "YO! Seacrest! Out!" Pretty sweet job if you ask me. Doesn't even have to be coherent. I say they should make a show where Ryan Seacrest and Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince fight zombies or... Orc-mummy-nazi-robots... with lasers!

But there's a new reality TV show coming up. The Next Action Hero, or something like that. Where dudes and dudettes compete to become the star of a new action film. That should be interesting i guess. Though, I see some guys who can do backflips and Kung Fu. To me, that's the competition. In my books, backflips beats no backflips regardless of what the contest is about. It could be a spelling bee; you must give respect to someone who can do backflips.

No comments: